Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Info Post


I haven’t hosted any abortion clients in months. It feels eerily quiet. Why isn’t there a demand for abortion hosting? Are women able to afford hotels suddenly? Are women terminating their pregnancies earlier and do not need to travel to my city for 2nd tri procedures? Or, are women not even raising enough funds for an abortion and never make it here? I have no idea. All I can do is wonder.

What happens when volunteers aren’t needed? When we don’t get to flex our hosting muscles as frequently as we hoped or planned? How do we retain interest and stay motivated?

How many of us have showed up at a volunteer gig only to be under-utilized or ignored? I wish there was a way to know why the phone has not rung in months, or why my pullout couch goes unused. Where are all the women in need? Am I any less of a volunteer if I am not actually hosting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment