Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 21, 2011

Info Post
Since becoming an abortioneer, one of the things I have learned that is most important to have is support. To have friends, family, a partner, a pet that you can come home to, talk to, and who can just be there is hugely important. I love abortioneering, I love helping others, I love the opportunity to do something important. What I don't love is the stress, the taking your work home with you, and the judgment and harassment that can come from others.

I have been lucky enough to have amazing family and friends who support me and what I do. Some of them have learned how important choice is after listening to me go on and on and on. However, I also have family and friends who aren't supportive of my work. This is hard, particularly because some of these people are really important to me. I try to remind myself that it's ok and that everyone has a right to their opinion. It's still difficult.

Abortioneering has taught me a lot about myself, about others, and about the people in my life. I have learned that while I was brought up in a religion that has strong, conservative beliefs, I can be my own person with my own beliefs and so can my loved ones. I can look beyond what I was taught and find humanity in some unfortunate situations and so can my loved ones. I also learned that I can have in my life both those who support my work and those that don't - and that I can be ok. I can be ok because it's important to have people in my life who support me, but it's equally if not more important to support myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment